WHAT IS E-PARENTING
Enhancing Customer Experience through empowerment of parenting community in a Digital Era
“We cannot expect to transform our economy from consumerist to an innovative one if the delivery of education to our children does not include the harnessing of technological benefits, as it will in turn expose our kids to limitless abilities of the mind.
However we also cannot act oblivious to the fact that there is the other side of the coin in as far as technology can be useful and in terms of its relation to our children.
It has indeed been clear that parents need to be very involved and monitor their children’s activities online. “
(Speech by the Deputy Minister of the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, Honourable Prof. Hlengiwe Mkhize .During the Occasion of Inaugural Young Women & ICT Dialogue and the Joint Launch of the Gender & ICT Strategy as well as the Children & ICT Strategy – 19 August 2015)
–Support government Departments to promote children and ICT programs and projects;
–Provide policy advice and support on children and ICT related issues to the Department and its SoEs through Content development approach with external stakeholders-OP;
–To conduct an environmental scan towards the development of Children and ICT strategy that would guide the Department and its SoEs towards the protection of children in the ICT sector.
To be a partner/ service provider that can participate in the implementation of the Digital Parenting or e-Parenting programme.
The programme will provide a value of enhanced customer experience, promote revenue growth, improved government engagement in COP unit of DTPS and SMME involvement in thought leadership programmes.
- Accredited Coach and Mentor: COMENSA, MBCI and SAFA and have a coaching community that can build a program and prepare Train the Trainer model.
- Existing experience in community engagement and content development :
1. Telecoms for Everyone Workshops in (2004)
2. DoC Underserviced Area License Roadshow I participated in (2005)
- Digital Migration Skills Development Consulting project done for SABC (2006-2009).
- Based on poll we received in Media 24- Move Magazine Workshop Durban ICC at an event (2014-2015)
- TruFM radio show guest conducted – Online Safety for Youth (2015-2017)
- Experience in Coaching youth and adults in Technology, Sport and Business.